Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation’s latest gun turn-in received 51 unwanted firearms from residents in and around Lincoln County.
The Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation has sponsored gun turn-ins since 1994. A gun turn-in helps people safely dispose of unwanted guns with no questions asked.
Reasons to turn in a firearm
- Young, lively, curious children are at your home. Removing the gun removes the risk of unintentional shooting.
- A family member, friend or neighbor is suffering from depression. Limiting access to guns reduces the risk of suicide.
- The firearm cannot be properly stored.
- The gun was left by an earlier occupant of the house.
- You can’t guarantee that someone else won’t get the gun.
- You want to do something to reduce the number of gun accidents, suicides, and homicides.
- You understand that a gun in the home is much more likely to kill or injure a family member or friend than it is to protect you.
- You would rather have a gift certificate than the gun.
Our most recent turn-in was February 3, 2018 in Newport, Oregon. All weapons collected were removed from circulation and melted down.
|2016||54 (includes 2 assault rifles & 2 stolen guns)|