Roseburg Police Department Announces
YEAR ROUND FIREARM DISPOSAL
Do you have firearms that are unwanted, unsafe, unusable? The Roseburg, Oregon Police Department will dispose of those firearms.
Call the Roseburg Police Department at 541-492-6760 to arrange a drop off or for more information.
The year round firearm disposal is a community service brought to you by the City of Roseburg Police Department.
It is not necessary to be a city resident to use the service.
Newport Oregon gun turn-in removes 51 unwanted guns from homes in Lincoln County
Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation’s latest gun turn-in received 51 unwanted firearms from residents in and around Lincoln County.
The Ceasefire Oregon Education Foundation has sponsored gun turn-ins since 1994. A gun turn-in helps people safely dispose of unwanted guns with no questions asked.
Reasons to turn in a firearm
- Young, lively, curious children are at your home. Removing the gun removes the risk of unintentional shooting.
- A family member, friend or neighbor is suffering from depression. Limiting access to guns reduces the risk of suicide.
- The firearm cannot be properly stored.
- The gun was left by an earlier occupant of the house.
- You can’t guarantee that someone else won’t get the gun.
- You want to do something to reduce the number of gun accidents, suicides, and homicides.
- You understand that a gun in the home is much more likely to kill or injure a family member or friend than it is to protect you.
- You would rather have a gift certificate than the gun.
Our most recent turn-in was February 3, 2018 in Newport, Oregon. All weapons collected were removed from circulation and melted down.
|2016||54 (includes 2 assault rifles & 2 stolen guns)|